Unlike most of the "Best keychain flashlights" lists you have found in Google, we have owned and reviewed hundreds of flashlights on our team. Many of those lists are written by people who know nothing about flashlights! In fact, many of these people do not even own any flashlights they recommend. How we can tell?
We are on a mission:
Cut the Crap...
Stop relying on Amazon reviews, top 10 websites, or manufacturer's specs.
We test flashlights to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Want to know how we do that?
Read one of our 378 reviews!
We provide you with real knowledge and real-world testing to really tell the difference.
1000 lumen keychain flashlight
Nitecore TUP : 1000 lumen keychain flashlight
- Tow user modes: Constant and Press only.
- Real 1000 Lumens
- Plastic TIR optics for
- XPL-HD V6 LED
- Built-in USB micro charge port
The Nitecore TUP is a performer and may look a little unusual with the 2 switches and OLED display. But when you press that switch.... you will blind yourself with a solid 1000 lumens. We have evaluated the Nitecore TUP, and it really reached 1000 lumens! Unlike many other brands on eBay or Aliexpress, this is the real deal.
If you are searching for something lightweight, but don't mind the bit chunky-sized keychain light, this is a great way to get ahead of the game. The OLED display tells exactly how many more minutes the battery will last. The peak brightness can only be reached while pressing the button continuously. So the highest constant output mode is 200 lumens.
Rechargeable keychain flashlight
OLIGHT I1R 2 EOS
- Max output: 150 lumens (I tested 122 lm)
- Modes: 2
- Charge: Built-in Micro USB charger
We haven't reviewed this light, but I've tested its performance since I gave this one to my daughter. Instead of the claimed 150 lumens we tested it at 122lm. Still not bad for such a small light. On the highest output setting, you get about 20 minutes of runtime. We haven't tested the runtime on the lowest mode, but I've tested it to be 7 lumens.
The Olight i1R 2 EOS is very tiny. It includes a tiny built-in battery that is not replaceable. So keep that in mind. You need to twist it to turn on and untwist it to turn off. By quickly twisting-untwisting-twisting you get to the other mode setting. It's pretty straight forward if you understand the concept. Olight is a well-known flashlight brand that makes high-quality products. You can't go wrong with the Olight I1r 2 EOS!
Popular AAA Keychain lights
Reylight Pineapple Mini
- Max output: 240 lumens
- LED: multiple choices
- Mode: 2
- Battery: AAA (not included)
- Available in several metal types, including titanium and aluminum
AAA flashlights are probably one of the most popular keychain flashlights since AAA batteries are widely available. However, we do not recommend using Alkaline batteries like Duracell. We have experienced ourselves, and read about too many instances that Alkaline batteries have damaged flashlights by leaking. Instead, we only recommend using rechargeable AAA batteries like Panasonic Eneloop. These batteries can be recharged hundreds of times and save you quite a bit of money in the long run.
Reylight is owned by a favid flashlight user, named Rey, who built some interesting flashlights over the last couple of years. The Reylight Pineapple Mini is available in different colors and materials. For more details on this particular light, read our Reylight Pineapple Mini review.
Popular single AA Keychain flashlight
Lumintop TOOL AA 2.0
- Maximum output on AA: 140 lumens
- Maximum output on 14500 lithium: 650 lumens
- Diffuser included
- Optional Magnetic Tail cap
- Uses 1AA battery or 1* 14500
If you're looking for a reliable AA flashlight have a look at the Lumintop Tool AA 2.0. It's extremely popular amongst flashoholics. It's available in 3 different colors as well as in titanium. We reviewed the Titanium Tool 2.0 AA light here. Although they work with 14500 Li-Ion batteries, we wouldn't recommend them using for any longer than 10 seconds at a time. With AA batteries it's no problem to keep them on in Turbo.
The Lumintop Tool AA2.0 has 3 different modes. Simply press the tail switch quickly to change modes. The great thing about AA flashlights is the extended battery life compared to an AAA flashlight. (about 3 times as long) But at the cost of a larger size. We do not recommend Duracell Alkaline batteries. Actually, we don't recommend Alkaline batteries in general. You are much better off buying rechargeable batteries. Especially ones that are made in Japan. Those are constantly coming up at the top of every rechargeable battery test.
Mini keychain light
Lumintop GLOW I
- Max output: 40 lumens (we tested this)
- LED: Osram
- 1 brightness
- Built-in Micro USB charger
Looking for an extremely versatile mini led flashlight? Then this Lumintop Glow might fit your needs. It's not bright by any means, but some people only need a single-mode flashlight that saves the day.
The Lumintop GLOW I is a 40Lumen flashlight with a built-in Micro-USB charger. No hassle with batteries. The built-in battery lasts about 50 minutes on a single charge. Is the battery empty? Charge it with any USB charger. The package includes a Micro-USB charge cable so you will always be able to charge it. The flashlight is detachable from the key ring. This is a great feature! Want to know more? Check out our in-depth Lumintop Glow I review here.
Lightest keychain torch
- Impact resistance to 1.5 meters
- 2 brightness levels
- USB rechargeable (Micro USB)
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery with a runtime of up to 48 hours in the lowest output mode.
- Available in many colors
If you're looking for a very thin and lightweight rechargeable keychain light, this may be your best bet. Nitecore is a premium flashlight brand that produces great craftmanship. Although usually in the higher segment, they also have some affordable flashlights like the T series Tube. This Nitecore keychain light is available in multiple colors, including pink (for the other half), and is a great gift for your non-flashaholic friends and family. Simply add the light to their keychain and they'll be happy. Don't expect anything bright, since it uses a simple 5mm led, and not a high-power LED! The maximum output is about 45 lumens. Want to know more, check out our Nitecore tube review.
Brightest keychain flashlight
Most powerful keychain light
- Tow user modes: Constant and Press only.
- Max output: 4000 Lumens
- Plastic TIR optics for
- 4*XPL-2 LED
- Built-in USB-C charging
The Nitecore T4K is the successor of the 1000 lumen Nitecore TUP. In terms of size, it's a bit bigger, but not heavy at all. We have reviewed the Nitecore T4K, to see all the details. Ours tested at 3736 lumens, just a bit below the claimed 4000 lumens. If you want to show off with a keychain flashlight, this is probably what you are looking for.
Q&A about Keychain flashlights
Some of the most common questions asked when it comes to Keychain flashlights:
Why don't you recommend a smartphone over an EDC keychain light
There are a few things that you can keep in mind when choosing between a keychain light and a smartphone light.
- Many keychain lights have replaceable batteries. So in case of an emergency, you're likely to be able to find a spare battery, and your phone doesn't. You likely want to save battery on your phone in these situations.
- Smartphone lights don't light up things farther than a few feet away from you. So a dedicated keychain flashlight is likely going to let you see farther away than just a few feet in front of you.
- A keychain light can take some abuse, and it's easier to lend out to somebody. Especially if you only have an expensive smartphone.
- In case of an emergency, you might need both at the same time, so having an extra keychain light with you can be crucial.
- In most cases, your cellphone light is very limited in terms of functionality. It's usually an on/off, and no options like high mode, low mode, to extend battery life or having an SOS feature to let other people know where you are.
- Keychain lights are likely easier to use when you need both hands than your mobile phone.
- Most keychain lights are much more powerful and can light up a larger space
- A keychain light is smaller, and therefore much easier to take with you than a phone.
- Keychain lights can be used by smaller children, and you don't need to worry about them breaking your screen
- Keychain lights are more water-resistant
- Keychain lights are more impact resistant
- 2 is one, and 1 is none
Who makes the best keychain flashlights
That's a really tough question to answer.
There are many great keychain lights made by different manufacturers. But there are just a few that focus mainly on keychain flashlights, and 1 of them is RovyVon. Please have a look at the reviews we've done of the RovyVon S3, and RovyVon Aurora A9.